Is there something holding you back from what you know you can do? From who you know you can be?
Are you always starting but never finishing? Your novel? Your music? Your painting, poetry, sculpture, or play?
Do you struggle to maintain passion and balance in your work, your exercise routine, or your relationships?
Don’t hang your head if you answered “yes” to any of those questions. Chin up and crack open…
THIS ABOVE ALL
In this galvanizing, pull-no-punches examination of the obstacles and rewards to living an artistic life, award-winning actor, director, playwright, and author Jason Cannon shows readers how to harness their creativity, rediscover their courage, and break free of the forces holding them back.
Even if you’ve never picked up a paintbrush, even if you can’t carry a tune in a bucket, even if just the thought of getting up on a stage makes you break out in a cold sweat, THIS ABOVE ALL will inspire you to unleash your inner artist and live true.
If you liked THE WAR OF ART or THE ARTIST’S WAY, then you’ll love THIS ABOVE ALL.
PAPERBACK is available at BOOKSHOP.ORG and AMAZON.
DOWNLOAD THE MEDIA KIT FOR THIS ABOVE ALL.
About IBIS BOOKS
Our mission is three-fold.
- To publish and promote books that entertain, provoke, inspire, comfort, and educate.
- To seek out independent authors of diverse backgrounds and varied points of view who believe in the power of the human species to evolve for the better.
- To support those authors as they write that evolution into existence.
The ibis is an animal sacred to Thoth, the Egyptian god of learning, inventor of language, and scribe to the gods. Ibises heavily populate the Gulf Coast of Florida, where IBIS BOOKS is headquartered. And ibises are legendary for their courage.
Our Principles and Core Values
- To encourage high-quality books and to support our authors, we operate on a 50-50 profit share model. This royalty rate is far beyond that offered in corporate publishing.
- We charge a fair price for our books. Authors deserve compensation for their work, as do publishers. When you break down the value–hours of entertainment or education per dollar–the reader is getting huge bang for their buck.
- We give authors an equal say on the details of their book, including layout, title, and cover. This is to empower the author and help them retain a feeling of control and ownership over their creation.
- Ibis Books is a sole proprietorship. Also a “soul” proprietorship. Also, while Ibis works with multiple freelance designers, the company is also a “solo” proprietorship. We keep expenses low and give half the profit to the author.
- We pay any and all debts promptly. Do unto others.
- We keep our books in print and available as long as possible. By operating primarily as a digital and print-on-demand company, we avoid the practice of “remaindering,” which is what happens when a publisher gives up on a book and sells off the remaining inventory to a discount seller. Again, this is to financially support our authors as faithfully as possible.
Join IBIS BOOKS!
Simply enter your email, and never miss a new release, promotion, or event.
No spam. No selling or sharing of your info.
Just lots of great stories!